by John and
Shark Bridge was written by John Norris from Denmark. Somewhere around 1995 John started the program as a pure bidding program, which he wrote for fun. Then the program was laid on ice between 1997 and 2001 when he was busy with his newborn twin daughters. Starting 2001 the play part was added to the program to be put to the test against the other bridge programs for the first time in 2006.
In 2009 and 2010 it won the individual event at World Computer Bridge Championship and in 2011 and 2014 Shark won the team event. The competitive success is credited to the human like style of play. That same human like play, makes it very enjoyable and challenging practice companion. Shark Bridge is for the casual player as well as the experts.
John Norris is semi-professional bridge player and Danish bridge champion, he created Shark Bridge to practice against a strong computer robots.
Shark Bridge is a commercial program.
Demo for IPhone & IPad is available on Apple App store.
BBO Vugraph archive in LIN format. With all tournaments that has been broadcasted on BBO.
Stand alone program for viewing LIN and PBN files, Fred Gitelmans BridgeVu
- Standard American 5 card majors
- 2/1 Game Force
- Shark 5 card majors
- Each system can be customized with popular and non popular conventions
- More bidding systems and conventions are in the works
> Unlimited random hands > 16 boards Daily Bridge Tournament
- 24 WBF, ACBL and European bridge events with thousands of boards to play and study
- Tournament events are added as deal records become available
- Hints and tips in the auction and play
- Personal Deal Library to collect and play deals
- Deal exchange via Email
- Advanced Deal Generator and Deal Analysis
- Par Contract calculator for every hand you play
- Online play to practice and compete with friends and foes
- List of the last 50 hands you played
- Pleasant and easy on the eyes user interface for hours of fun
- Dedicated support team of bridge enthusiasts.